Artichoke Heart and Beef Stroganoff
The creamy, comfort food goodness of beef stroganoff with the tangy goodness of artichoke hearts.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 500g (1 lb) minced beef
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 400g (14oz) tin of artichoke hearts
- 1 Tbsp cornflour
- 150ml low-sodium beef stock
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp creme fraiche
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil, then saute the onion for five minutes or until it begins to soften. Add the beef and garlic and continue cooking until the beef has browned.
Add the artichoke hearts and cook until heated through, about 4-5 minutes.
Whisk the cornflour in with the creme fraiche and then add the remaining ingredients into a pot and simmer over a low heat for 5-6 minutes until the sauce is thick and creamy. Pour sauce over meat mixture and heat through. Serve over rice or pasta.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Best-Ever Cheesy Bacon Macaroni... 3.2/5 (122 Votes)
- Lamb tajine with Jerusalem... 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Detox Salad with early vegetables... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- My Mummy's beef stroganoff 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.