Beef and Guinness Stew
- 2 lb lean stewing beef
- 2 tblsp vegetable oil
- 3 Chopped Carrots
- 2-3 sticks of Celery Chopped
- 300g Roughly Chopped Mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 Stock Cubes
- 1 large can of Guinness
- 2-3 tblsp flour
- extra oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Heat the oil in a pan on high.
Sweat onions and garlic and add the beef.
Brown in the saucepan.
Add the carrots and celery to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the stock cubes
Slowly add the Guinness and bring to a simmer, add some water if the guinness doesnt just cover everything, cook for an hour. Then add the mushrooms
Allow to simmer away gently until the beef is cooked, about another hour to an hour and a half.
Add the flour and extra oil together to make a roux
Add a little bit at a time to the stew, making sure to stir in well to prevent lumps.
Serve with really creamy mash.
This Picture is from a Website on the Internet
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding Topped... 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding Tart With... 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Fajitas 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.