Microwave Sponge Pudding
- Ingredients (basic sponge)
- 4oz (100g) butter/marg
- 4oz (100g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4oz (100g) SR Flour
- 2-3 tbsp milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Beat butter and sugar together, add beaten egg, fold in flour and add sufficient milk to dropping consistency. Pour into buttered microwavable bowl, cover with cling film, leaving small gap for steam to escape, and zap for 3-4 minutes on HIGH (based on 800W) ... leave to stand for a couple of minutes after.
Syrup sponge - place 2 tbsp golden syrup in bottom of bowl before adding pudding mix.
Ginger sponge - add a tsp of ground ginger with flour (nice combined with syrup!)
Chocolate sponge - replace 1oz/25g of flour with cocoa powder.
Spotted Dick - add a handful of sultanas/raisins to pudding mix.
Upside down fruit sponge - add slices of pear, apple or pineapple etc (peeled and cored) in bottom of dish before adding pudding mix (pear is nice combined with ginger, cinnamon with apple, or even syrup too!!! YUM!!!)
Jam Sponge - place 2 tbsp jam of choice in bottom of bowl before adding pudding mix.
Lemon Sponge - add 2 tbsp lemon juice in place of milk and grated rind of half a lemon to pudding mix.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (261 Votes)
- Microwave Chocolate Pudding and... 3.4/5 (187 Votes)
- Mouhalabieh 3.6/5 (176 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Blackberry & Apple Crunchy Pie 3.3/5 (135 Votes)
- Chocolate orange sponge pudding 3.8/5 (71 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Lemon Sponge 3.1/5 (116 Votes)