- For the brioche:
- 500g flour
- 250g milk
- 1 egg
- Baker's yeast (about 20g)
- 60g butter at room temperature
- 50g of sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk with a little water.
- For the frangipane:
- 100g almond powder
- 75g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 50g butter
- For the custard cream:
- 1 sachet
- custard powder to mix (thick)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place the flour in a bowl.
Heat the milk (ideal temperature: 35 ° C), in the microwave for example, about 30 seconds at maximum power. Keep 2 tbsp of milk to mix with the yeast, and put the rest in the bowl with the flour.
Let the yeast rise in the 2 tbsp of milk for about 1/4 of an hour in a warm place.
Mix the flour, milk, egg, butter, sugar & salt for one to two minutes big maximum, then add the yeast when it has raised. Do not overmix to not overheat the dough, but enough for the yeast to be well blended in ;-). Leave for at least one hour in a warm place.
Making the frangipane:
Mix the ground almonds (75g almond powder & 25g broken, slivered almonds), sugar, butter & egg and set aside. Also prepare the custard cream (creme patissiere) & leave to cool while the dough rises.
Once the dough has risen (at least doubled its initial volume), prepare three long "sausages" of equal weight and lie them on the worktop. Add the custard cream, then fold the strands in half, lengthwise.
Braid the 3 "sausages" of dough, incorporating the frangipane at each stage, when two "sausages" cross each other. Allow to rise for one hour at room temperature.
Brown the brioche bun, using a brush, with the egg yolk mixed with a little water. Bake for about 25 minutes. After 15 minutes, if it is golden enough you can place a piece of aluminum foil on it, so as not to burn it.
Once the brioche bun has cooled a little, drizzle a little icing on top (icing sugar mixed with a few drops of water (not too thin!)).
Decorate with toasted slivered almonds.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (466 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Christmas fougasse bread 3.4/5 (165 Votes)
- Apple Brown Betty 2.8/5 (96 Votes)
- Hazelnut galette cake with maple... 2.6/5 (101 Votes)