French Toast Bake
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter (approx 1/2 block)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 12 Slices Thick Bread
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Icing Sugar for sprinkling on top
- Maple Syrup (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Melt Butter in microwave, add Brown Sugar and stir until mixed.
Pour the mix into a 9"x13" Glass tray, spread evenly.
Beat the Eggs, Milk and Vanilla together and set aside.
Lay 6 slices of Bread into the pan in a single layer.
Spoon 1/2 the Egg mixture evenly over the bread.
Add second layer of Bread and spoon the remaining Egg mixture over the top.
Cover with foil and chill in the fridge overnight.
Bake on 180 Degrees C (350F/Gas 4) for 30 minutes, Remove foil and bake for a further 15 minutes.
Sprinkle the top with Icing Sugar and serve.
Drizzle with warm Maple Syrup if desired.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Special fried egg 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- No bowl needed french toast 4/5 (10 Votes)