- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 large free range eggs
- 2 toasting muffins
- 1 batch hot hollandaise sauce (see 'Goes well with' below)
- 4 slices Parma ham (or Serrano or Bayonne or Salmon)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil (at least 2 litres) and add the vinegar. Break the eggs into 4 separate coffee cups or ramekins. Split the muffins, toast them and warm some plates.
Swirl the vinegared water briskly to form a vortex and slide in an egg. It will curl round and set to a neat round shape. Cook for 2-3 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
Repeat with the other eggs, one at a time, re-swirling the water as you slide in the eggs. Spread some sauce on each muffin, scrunch a slice of ham on top, then top with an egg. Spoon over the remaining hollandaise and serve at once.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Molten chocolate Cupcakes 3.9/5 (108 Votes)
- Low Fat Cranberry & Walnut Muffins 4.2/5 (79 Votes)
- Special fried egg 3.4/5 (140 Votes)