- 450g chapatti brown flour
- 1 sachet dried active yeast
- 50g vegetable oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 230ml soy milk
- 70g brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- jam for filling
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Warm up the milk to body temperature, add sugar an dyeast and set aside until foam appears. Mix up the other ingredients and incorporate the milk, knead for a few minutes and cover with cling film.
Let rise in a warm place for a couple of hours. Work the dough and stretch it till it's about 1/2 cm thick.
Cut out rounds with a big cookie cutter, put a little jam in the centre of half of the discs, wet the edge of the disc and cover them up with the other ones.
Arrange them on baking trays, cover them with cling film again and let rise for around 6 hours.
Preheat oven to 180°C with a pan of water on the bottom of the oven and cook for about 15 minutes.
Once they're cooked, let cool and sprinkle icing sugar. Best served warm.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (154 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes 5/5 (18 Votes)