Thai-Style Fried Eggs | Kai Jeow | ไข่เจียว
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon shallots
- sliced thinly
- 1-2 Tablespoons red and green jalapeno peppers
- sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons ground pork
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon thin soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
1. Marinate the ground pork with thin soy sauce and ground white pepper while you're preparing the other ingredients.
Crack the eggs into a bowl and add fish sauce. Whisk with a fork quickly until the eggs are very fluffy and light. This should take at least a minute or more.
2. Heat a wok to medium high and add a tablespoon of oil. Cook the shallots and peppers until almost tender. Then add the ground pork and cook until it's completely done. Remove from the wok and set aside.
Turn the heat on the work up to high and add 3-4 more Tablespoons of oil. Wait until it's very hot before adding your beaten eggs. You can test to see if it's ready by letting a drop of egg fall from your fork into the hot oil - if it sizzles and pops furiously, it's ready.
3. Swirl the wok so the egg coats the bottom of the pan. Add your cooked meat and vegetables and then mix into the egg. Once it's golden brown on one side, flip and cook on the other side.
Remove from the pan and eat immediately with fresh jasmine rice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (357 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (153 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.5/5 (145 Votes)