Mussels in cream and white wine sauce
- 800 g to 1 kg of mussels per person
- 1 large onion
- 150 ml dry white cooking wine (quantity to increase proportionally with the amount of mussels prepared)
- 100 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 500 ml crème fraîche or thick double cream
- chopped parsley
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Sauté the onions in a large pot or pressure cooker. When they are transparent, pour in the white wine and pepper. Add the mussels until they all open up.
Meanwhile, make a roux with the butter and flour.
Recuperate the juice from the mussels, leaving the mussels in the pot to keep them warm.
Mix slowly with the roux with the juice from the mussels. Add the crushed garlic and allow to thicken.
Add the cream and parsley and heat to bind the sauce (but the sauce must not boil).
Check the seasoning (becareful to not add too much salt (if any) as the mussels may be salty enough.
Pour the sauce over the mussels.
Mix and heat about 2 minutes and serve immediately in a large serving dish.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Farro biscuits 3.4/5 (136 Votes)
- Risotto with asparagus 3.1/5 (141 Votes)
- Shellfish on a bed of leeks 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Mushrooms in White Wine (chicken,... 3.5/5 (95 Votes)
- Seafood Sauerkraut 4.6/5 (30 Votes)