Green lipped oysters & shallot vinegar
Slurp on a taste of the ocean and try serving up oysters for your loved one this Valentines
- 10 Oysters (bought fresh from a local fish mungers)
- 1 shallot
- finely chopped
- 100 ml red wine vinegar
- lemon wedges
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Chop the shallot (fine dice or thicker chunks depending on your preference)
Add to the vinegar and place on the table ready to add to the oysters.
Shuck the oysters by wrapping a towel over your hand and use it to firmly hold the oyster.
Hold an oyster shucking knife (or any knife that isn't too sharp or thin) in your other hand and place the tip of the shucking knife at the base of the oyster.
Wiggle the knife in using pressure (but be careful!), then lever the knife upwards to prise it open.
Slide the knife under around the oyster and remove the shell.
Place the oysters on a serving place with lemon wedges as decoration.
Add a few splashes of Tabasco for a hot hit!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (153 Votes)
- Salmon en croute 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Oysters with champagne and caviar 3.4/5 (119 Votes)
- Tartar Sauce 2.9/5 (69 Votes)