Romantic Apple pie
These apple pie are delicious and easy to make. Romantic too
- 300g short crust pastry
- 300g cooking apple
- 100g sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Peel and slice apple. Put in a pan with the sugar. Cook apple until tender. Leave to cool.
Roll out pastry to 5mm thickness. Cut out 4 round to line 4x7.5cm. tart tins.
Fill the pastry cases with the cooked apple. Roll out the rest of the pastry and cut out 4 pieces of the top crust. Use a heart shaped pastry and cut a heart in the centre of the pastry. Place each piece of pastry on top of the pie. Press to seal the edges.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes at Gas Mark 5/190C
Remove from the oven and cool on the wire rack. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Hungarian Apple Pie 3.3/5 (136 Votes)