Warming Apple Crumble
Mmmm spicy cooking apples with dollops of custard or ice cream, simply amazing.
If you're a fan of the middle bit between the apple and crumble (and you should be...), then this is for you!
- Mmmm spicy cooking apples with dollops of custard or ice cream - simply amazing. If you're a fan of the middle bit between the apple and crumble (and you should be...) - this is for you!
- About 8 large Bramley apples (cooking apples)
- 250g / 10oz plain flour
- 125g / 5oz granulated sugar
- 125g / 5oz butter (softened)
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 190°C / gas mark 5.
Whack out the baking bowl, any shape will do but make it big enough to contain everything!
Peel the apples and chuck them into a casserole with 1 or 2 tbsps of water.
Cook them for them for 20-30 until soft but not mushy.
Pour into baking bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
Mix together the flour and sugar, then rub in the butter until it forms breadcrumbs.
Scatter the crumble mixture on top of the apple and shove in the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes until golden-brown on top.
Take out, and serve into bowls. Add custard or ice-cream if desired for a contrasting texture.
Enjoy the gooey middle and eat warm!
"Thanks JJ!" - No, thank you!
Make the custard about five minutes before taking out the crumble so that it is just done for when you're ready to eat!
Today I was planning on making Apple Crumble,
but security intercepted me outside their HQ.
How do you make an Apple Crumble?
- Hurt its feelings.
Why didn't the Granny Smith have any friends?
- He was too sour.
Why did the apple go the doctor?
- He was feeling rotten to the core!
How do you make an Apple Puff?
- Chase it around the garden!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Meatballs and Mustard Mash 3.8/5 (111 Votes)
- Super Tasty Bolognese 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
- Rhubarb Crumble 3.5/5 (131 Votes)