Onion Soup Au Gratin
- 1 qt beef broth
- 4 large onions
- thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- bread or rolls
- Parmesan cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Brown onion slices in butter, and add to beef broth when tender.
Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Place broth and onion mixture in oven-proof bowl, and top with bread or rolls. Sprinkle tops with grated parmesan.
Place bowls under boiler until cheese is browned.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (175 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)