French onion soup
- - 2 onion or leek
- - chicken stock
- - 2 spoon of flour
- - cheese
- - bread or rolls
- - garlic
- - white wine
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cut onion to thin slices. Fry them in 2-3 spoons of oil till light brown.
Add 2 spoons of flour. Stir and fry it for a little.
Give 1 litre cold water. Add salt, pepper, chickenstock. Let it boil on high temperature.
Prepare the croutons. Cut up a few slices of toasts, sprinkle olive oil and grated cheese on the pieces. Put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
You can also fry it first in oil/butter with garlic and then put it into the oven.
When the soup has boilt, turn the heat down and cook it slow till it boils again.
You can add a little white wine (1-2 dl) after the soup has boilt the first time.
You can add a half spoon of sugar to the onions to make them caramelized.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (390 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.