Mille-feuilles of polenta with vegetables and Tomme cheese on a bed of rocket salad with hazelnut oil
- 300 g rocket
- 300 g firm tomatoes
- 200 g aubergines very firm
- 300 g of round courgettes
- 1 fresh onion
- 1 tsp. of chopped parsley
- 150 g Corsican tomme cheese
- 5 tbsp. of olive oil
- 5 tbsp. of hazelnut oil
- 2 tbsp. of wine vinegar
- salinu (condiment made from salt and toasted
- crushed hazelnuts)
- For the polenta:
- 100 g of precooked cornmeal
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Make the polenta:
Boil 70 cl of water with a pinch of salt and bouquet garni and boil for 3 minutes, remove the bouquet garni, and add the cornmeal. Mix and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Spread it on a tray about 1 cm thick (or on a sheet of greaseproof paper) greased with olive oil, and leave to cool.
Peel the tomatoes, cut into very thin slices, salt and pepper and set aside. Remove the ends and wash the courgettes and aubergines, cut them into thin slices. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and when it's hot, fry, for a few seconds, the slices of courgettes and aubergines; place them on a rack, season and leave to drain.
Sort, wash and drain the rocket.
Peel and finely chop the fresh onion.
Make cheese shavings with the Tomme (keep any leftovers pieces for the vinaigrette).
In the bowl of a blender, combine the onion, parsley and extra cheese and blend everything finely. Add vinegar, hazelnut oil, the salinu, and emusify.
In the polenta, cut discs of 10 cm in diameter and arrange them in a dish. Place on each disc some courgette, aubergine and tomatoes alternating the colours. Add some Tomme shavings on top. Place in the oven and cook for 5 minutes at 240 °. Make a bed of rocket on each plate, season with the dressing, place a mille-feuille on the salad and serve hot.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (227 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (254 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (145 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)