- 1.5 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups flour
- 0.5 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp vinegar
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place all ingredients apart from the milk, baking soda and vinegar into a large mixing bowl.
Mix the milk, baking soda and vinegar separately in a cup. The mixture should foam up as the soda reacts with the acidity from the vinegar. Then add to the rest of the ingredients.
Mix everything together well adding milk as necessary until the mixture is thick and difficult to remove from a wooden spoon.
Place the mixture either into a lightly greased bread tin or into individual cupcake molds.
Bake in an oven preheated at 180°C oven for about 30minutes until golden brown.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (245 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)