Poppy seed-crusted salmon with a green pea salad flavoured with Wasabi
By Loukoum°°° du blog Beau à la louche
- For salmon:
- 300 g or 350 g salmon fillet
- without skin
- 30 g poppy seeds
- salt & pepper
- a dash of olive oil
- For the rocket sauce:
- 2 handfuls of rocket salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 pinch of salt
- For the salad:
- 3 handfuls of rocket salad
- 200 g snow peas
- 2 handfuls of peas (fresh or frozen)
- ½ bunch of chives (10g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Wasabi paste (adjust amount to suit your taste)
- salt & pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the salmon:
Remove any bones with clean tweezers. Cut the salmon fillet in half lengthwise to get two fillets, roughly triangular in shape. Roll the salmon in the poppy seeds so that all sides are covered, salt & pepper. Heat a lightly oiled pan on high heat, fry the salmon briefly on all sides (about 20 seconds per side is enough, but if you prefer your salmon less raw, you can double the cooking time). reserve on a plate to cool, the place in the fridge.
Prepare the rocket sauce: Mix the rocket salad with olive oil, water and a pinch of salt. Reserve.
Prepare the pea salad: Wash and dry the rocket and set aside. Cook the snow peas in a saucepan of boiling salted water (cooking time varies around 7 minutes: but try to cook them to perfection!), drain and rinse under running cold water to stop the cooking. Reserve.
Cook the peas in a saucepan of boiling salted water (cooking time may vary if your peas are fresh or frozen - in both cases not to overcook so they stay crisp), drain and rinse under a stream of cold water to stop the cooking and set aside.
Wash and finely chop the chives and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the rocket, snow peas, peas and chives. Refrigerate. Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing energetically the wasabi, olive oil, rice vinegar and salt and pepper.
Just before serving:
Season the salad with the wasabi vinaigrette, mix well.
Cut the salmon into thick slices, place one or two slices on each plate, place a portion or pea salad on the other and decorate the plate with rocket sauce.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (165 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Simple Cottage Pie 3.3/5 (141 Votes)
- Peas Pulao ( Pilau rice with green... 3.3/5 (118 Votes)
- Carpaccio rolls with rocket and... 3.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Spring daude with asparagus, broad... 4.1/5 (53 Votes)