French Onion Soup
- 2oz butter
- 1lb onions
- 4 beef oxo cubes
- 2pts hot water
- salt and pepper
- 6-8 slices French bread
- grated to serve
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Saute the onions in the butter.
Dissolve the oxo cubes in the water.
Add sautéed onions to the stock, cook till soft
Toast the French bread, top with grated cheese, grill till melted.
Dish up the soup, top with French bread and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (296 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.8/5 (164 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (145 Votes)