French Onion Soup
- 2oz butter
- 1lb onions
- 4 beef oxo cubes
- 2pts hot water
- salt and pepper
- 6-8 slices French bread
- grated to serve
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Saute the onions in the butter.
Dissolve the oxo cubes in the water.
Add sautéed onions to the stock, cook till soft
Toast the French bread, top with grated cheese, grill till melted.
Dish up the soup, top with French bread and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (389 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)