Creamy Bacon Tagliatelle
4.5 syns per portion on Slimming World
- 1 sachet of Knorr Chicken & Leek Soup
- 1 red pepper
- 4 slices of bacon
- several mushrooms
- 1 large clove of garlic
- salt & black pepper
- half a packet of tagliatelle nests
- 3/4 pint of cold water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Add a little water to a large saucepan and heat. Add the garlic into the pan and stir. Stir in the chopped bacon and cook over a medium to high heat for several minutes. If pan dries out & bacon starts to stick, add a touch more water.
Add the red pepper and mushrooms to the pan. Cook for a few minutes over a medium until beginning to soften. In the meantime, fill a kettle and bring to the boil.
Empty the soup powder into the pan, followed by the water. Turn the heat up to high and stir for a few minutes until the mixture thickens considerably.
Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle in the salted boiling water according to the packet instructions.
Whilst waiting for the pasta to cook, season the thcikened sauce with lots of black pepper and a touch of salt, if needed and simmer the mixture over a low heat.
When the pasta is cooked, serve with the sauce and garlic bread.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Crabmeat Tagliatelle 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Chilli Garlic Pasta with Asparagus 3.4/5 (109 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.