Beef turnovers with peppers and tomatoes
By christelle LORENZI
- 500 g of pastry
- 3 red peppers
- 2 shallots
- 350 g of minced beef
- 1 small tin chopped tomatoes (425 g)
- few sprigs of parsley
- butter and olive oil
- egg yolk and milk to glaze
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash the peppers and remove the seeds. Peel them with a sharp vegetable peeler and cut into small cubes. Peel the shallots and slice thinly. Fry in a little olive oil and a knob of butter. When translucent, add the peppers and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice and cook over low heat, stirring often until the juice has evaporated. Reserve.
When the vegetables are warm, add the parsley, washed and finely chopped, then the minced beef. Mix well.
Preheat the oven to gas mark 4, 180 ° C.
Cut out circles of pastry, brush the edges with cold water. Place one to two tablespoons of filling in the middle then fold the circle in half to close it. Seal the edges well with your fingers.
Place the turnovers on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Brush with a mixture of egg yolk and milk and bake for 30 minutes. The turnovers should be golden brown.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (154 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)