Chinese Hoisin Marinated Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) Soy sauce
- 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) Rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- 1 Medium Chilli pepper: seeded
- 1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon minced Ginger
- 4 Ounce thinly sliced Water chestnuts
- 4 Ounce
- thinly sliced Canned bamboo shoots
- 2 Tablespoon Peanut oil
- 2 Small
- julienned Carrots
- 1 Tablespoon
- chopped Scallion greens
- 1 Tablespoon
- chopped finely Cilantro leaves
- 2 Pound
- thinly sliced into 2 inch pieces Flank steak
- 4 Medium (cups) Iceberg lettuce leaves
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
1. In a bowl mix the soy sauce, vinegar, Hoisin, chili pepper, garlic and ginger.
2. Take meat in another bowl, pour the mix over the meat and coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Heat a wok with some peanut oil. Cook beef in batches.
4. After the last batch, return all beef to wok and add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and carrots. Cook for a few minutes until carrots are crisp.
5. Fill a lettuce cup with beef. Top with scallion greens and cilantro.
6. In a serving platter, arrange these lettuce wraps and serve them.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (404 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.