This dish is something my husband's aunt makes. I watched her make it once and wrote down a recipe for it!
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 fillets boneless chicken
- 5 medium-large carrots
- diced small
- ~ 1 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 onion
- chopped small
- a few tbsp oil
- 1 tin tomato
- blended (or a combination of tinned and fresh)
- ~750 g spaghetti
- broken into segments and boiled
- whole jeeru (cumin)
- 3 tsp ginger/garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 tsp green chilli
- 2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp arad
- ~ 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp dhana powder
- 1 heaped tsp crushed dhana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp lawung (clove) powder
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Fry the onions and whole jeeru in a little oil (I use a combination of veg and olive oil). When softened and about to brown add all the spices. Also add the tomatoes. Allow to saute.
Now add the chicken and carrots. Cook together covered and when semi-done add the peas and a little water. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are done.
Finally add the boiled spaghetti and mix well. Add more tomato and/or water if the dish seems too dry.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)