Chicken Noodle Soup For The Soul
A family favourite
- ½ medium onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 2 pak choi
- 240g cooked chicken breast
- 150g precooked udon noodles
- 2 spring onions
- 2 sachets of miso soup
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Finely chop the onion, celery and garlic and fry, using a tsp of sesame oil.
Add the finely sliced carrots, 2 pints of water and the miso soup and cook for 10 minutes.
Halve the pak choi leaves and add to the soup, cover and cook for 2 minutes or until the pak choi is wilted.
Chop the spring onions and add to the soup.
Add the cooked chicken breast and noodles to the soup, stir well, cover and cook for 2 minutes
Add the dark soy sauce and cracked black pepper, stir well and serve.
You can use other noodles. If using dry noodles you will need to cook them before adding them in step 5.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.