- 90g chilled butter
- 125g plain flour plus extra for kneading
- 90g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- dash of salt and pepper
- egg wash - 1 beaten egg
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 200c. Cut the butter into pieces and add to a large mixing bowl with the flour, salt and pepper.
Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Stir 3/4 of the cheese into the bowl with the egg yolk. Mix with a fork and then shape the dough into a ball.
Knead the ball of dough on a lightly floured work surface until it is smooth and then roll it out to a thickness of about 5mm.
Cut out the cookies with whichever shapes you are using, and put the cookies on to ungreased baking sheets, leaving space between the cookies for expansion.
Brush the cookies with egg wash, and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese.
Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, then leave to cool on the trays.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (155 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (80 Votes)