Battered Chicken Goujons
By no means an original dish, but what makes it different is my batter recipe. A must try for all chicken lovers...
- 3-4 large fresh chicken fillets
- for the batter: plain flour
- 1 egg
- diet coke
- dipping sauces
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 7mins
Cost Budget Friendly
prepare the batter...
in a bowl mix plain flour, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of paprika and diet coke. no need to weigh out or measure amounts. you can make the batter as thick or thin as you like. it's best when it's around the consistency of double cream.
the reason I use diet coke is that it puts lots of air in the batter which makes it light and crisp.
cut the chicken fillets into strips - you should be able to get around 6 strips from each fillet.
carefully take each chicken strip and dip it firstly into plain flour, then into the batter and lower into hot oil in a deep fat fryer. fry for around 6-7 minutes. lift out, place onto kitchen towel to remove the excess oil. Serve with various dipping sauces eg. mayo, sweet chilli, bbq.
USE DIET COKE AS OPPOSED TO COKE.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (91 Votes)