Aniseed recipes - 2 recipes
Looking for recipes with aniseed? Aniseed, or anise, is sweet and very aromatic with a similar flavour to liquorice, fennel or tarragon. Check out our many recipes including aniseed biscuits or doughnuts.
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.
Top rated Aniseed recipes
John Dory fillets with star anise
By Catherine - Blog "La gazette des fourneaux"
Put in a small saucepan the cream and star anise, heat gently, stop before it boils, cover and leave to infuse duri...
- - 2 large John Dory fillets (St Peter's fish)
- - 3 fennel bulbs
- - 3 shallots
- - 80 ml of dry white wine
- - 400 ml single cream (low-fat)
- - 4 star anise
- - 15 g of butter
- - Fleur de sel sea salt
Cream of aubergine soup with crunchy poached spring vegetables
The stock: Bring the stock to a boil, then turn off the heat and add the star anise
- The stock:
- 75 cl of bouillon stock preferably fresh or a reconstituted tablet.
- 1 star anise
- For the cream of aubergine :
- 2 medium aubergines
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 16 cl of milk
- 2 tsp of aniseed alcohol
- 1 ladle of the vegetable cooking water
- salt and pepper
- 8 baby carrots
- 16 mini flower courgettes
- 4 bunches of broccoli
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 80g shelled peas
- 12 green asparagus
- 100 ml of white balsamic vinegar
- Thyme in bloom