Salmon or red tuna fillets with a crunchy chilli salad
- 4x200g fish fillets (red tuna or salmon)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 sheets of dried lime leaf cut into strips
- 4 green chillies and 4 red chillies
- cut into thin strips (don't choose the really strong ones!)
- 30ml lime juice
- 1 piece of ginger sliced into very thin strips-approx.1 tsp
- some peanut oil for cooking
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat the oil. When it's hot, add the chillies, ginger, lime leaves and cook a few minutes until crisp. Remove from the heat and place on kitchen roll to absorb the excess oil.
Reduce the heat and, in the same oil, fry the fillets 2 to 4 mins on the skin side first, then a further 2 mins on the other side. When the fish is well enough cooked for your liking, add a little salt and pepper.
Mix all the leaves and other ingredients together, then spread evenly over each fillet. Squeeze a little lime juice on each fillet. Serve with rice or sweet potatoes for a more exotic dish ...
Serve and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (225 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (48 Votes)
- chicken, mango and chilli salad 4.8/5 (28 Votes)
- Malaysian Style Spicy Chicken 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Salmon pastry parcels 3.7/5 (64 Votes)