Lamb and macaroni pasta bake
- 250 g macaroni
- 4 lamb chops
- 100 g grated cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 10 cl dry white wine
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 small bouquet garni (thyme
- bay leaves
- celery stalk)
- 3 tablespoons tomato concentrate paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- salt and pepper.
Level of difficulty Easy
In a pot that can go into the oven, brown the chopped onion with the garlic in hot oil for 5 minutes. Add 200 ml of water, the wine, tomato paste, bouquet garni, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
Turn the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4). Brown the lamb chops, 2 minutes per side, in a large hot frying pan. Add salt and pepper, keep warm.
Cook the pasta in salted water with the saffron. Drain, stirring to remove all the water.
Remove the bouquet garni from the pot. Then add the pasta with half the cheese. Stir, pushing the lamb chops to the bottom. Sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese and remaining chopped parsley. Cover the pot, bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Serve in the pot.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (171 Votes)
- Easy Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Mexican Pasta bake with a nacho... 3.4/5 (119 Votes)
- Roast Chops with Potatoes 3.3/5 (123 Votes)
- My granny's macaroni bake 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Lamb Chops 3/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.