A beautifully simple, healthy meal with fresh ingredients.
- 1 x 500g Pack lamb mince
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Ground Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- 250g Basmati Rice
- 1 ltr Lamb Stock
- 250g Peas
- 1 Lemon
- Handful fresh mint
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Mix 1 x minced garlic clove, lamb mince, salt, pepper & 1 tsp ground cumin. Shape into meatballs of roughly 6cm diameter
Fry until cooked through - around 10 minutes. Transfer to a covered dish to rest.
Into the same pan that you fried the meatballs, add the rice, the other minced clove of garlic and another tsp of ground cumin. Fry lightly for 30 seconds
Add the 1ltr lamb stock and bring to a boil. Leave to bubble away for 12 minutes.
Whilst the rice is cooking, finely chop the mint and put to one side.
Whilst the rice finishes cooking, grate and collect the lemon rind, and add the juice of the lemon.
Once the rice is nearly cooked, add the fresh peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Remove the rice & peas from the heat. Add the meatballs, mint and lemon, and mix.
For an extra edge of deliciousness, serve with dollops of Tsatsiki.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (163 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (190 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.