Leek and Sweet Potato Soup
A variation of the old fave Leek and Potato soup, this uses sweet potato and chilli.
- 1 large leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sweet potato
- stock cubes to make 1 litre of stock
- chilli powder to taste
- grated hard cheese to garnish
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Chop leek, garlic, sweet potato and sweat all in a tbsp of olive oil. Make a litre of stock with your favourite cubes and boiling water. Add to vegetables with chilli powder to taste. Season and add herbs of your choice. Simmer until tender. Blend and serve garnished with a grating of hard cheese and fresh herbs.
Serve with crusty bread or garlic toast.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (229 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)