Charlottes Fried Rice
Fried Rice is a traditional Asian cuisine which consists of steamed rice in a wok with vegetables and egg.
- 60g Long Grain Rice
- 120ml Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 2 Tbsp. Low Fat Soy Sauce
- 2/3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the first step of your rice by placing your rice and water into a pan and putting the heat onto boil. After a few minutes add in your vegetable stock cube, mix and leave to boil. Add over the top of the pan some foil to keep the steam in.
While waiting for your rice to cook, peal your carrot and cut up using Julienne style. After that chop your onion finely and same with the garlic clove.
Prepare the wok by adding a tbsp. of oil and heating it up. Once the water in the pan with your rice has simmered down, add the vegetables to the wok and cook until soft. Once soft add in your rice and crack the egg into the wok making sure you are string constantly as the food will stick. Add in 2 tbsp. of low fat soy sauce and stir constantly till all ingredients is hot.
Using rice which is already cooked would speed up the process and would still have the same results.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (354 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (153 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)