Potato and Leek Soup
- A Dribble Of Oil
- One Onion
- Two-Three Leeks
- Vegetable Stock
- Four Potatoes
- One and Half Cups Skimmed Milk
- Salt and Pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Slice the leeks and soak in a bowl of water for approx five minutes.
Roughly dice the onion and potatoes.
Heat oil in a pan. Add the onion, potatoes and leek (but not the water).
Cook on a medium heat for approx 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
Follow instructions on your stock and then slowly mix it in to the vegetables, then slowly stir in the milk.
Simmer for 30 minutes on a medium heat. Partially covered and stir occasionally.
Serve as a chunky soup or run it through a food processor/blender for smaller bits. Mix in salt and pepper to taste.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (458 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.