A sweet biscuit popular in Australia and New Zealand
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of sugar (white)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 125 gm of melted butter
- 2 tbsp of golden syrup
- 4 tbsp of boiling water
- 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Begin by mixing all of the dry ingredients (except for the bicarbonate of soda) in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl mix all of the wet ingredients, adding the bicarbonate of soda to this wet mixture last.
Combine the two mixtures to make the biscuit dough.
Use a large tablespoon to place the biscuit dough on a greased baking tray.
Bake for 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or until golden brown.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Santa Melting Moments 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (83 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Halloween pumpkin cake 3.5/5 (121 Votes)
- Lovely Aussie Lamingtons for Kids 4.2/5 (24 Votes)