Landaise Salad (Foie Gras Salad)
By Catherine B
The Aquitaine region:
Fine French delicacies await you in Aquitaine. Renowned worldwide for its Duck Confit and Foie Gras, it also boasts the mouth-watering Bayonne ham and luxurious Perigord truffles. Plum trees can be found far and wide and the fruits are used in many dessert dishes, such as gateau moelleux aus prunes (plum cake).
- 6 slices of duck foie gras (80g)
- 18 slices of smoked duck breast
- 300g of duck (or chicken) giblets
- A small bag of pine nuts
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- Wheat Salad
- Balsamic vinegar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
On each plate, place a slice of foie gras.
Around it, place 3 slices of smoked duck breast.
In a skillet, grill lightly and dry the pine nuts.
Garnish the plate with a few leaves of wheat salad, 3 cherry tomatoes and a few pine nuts.
Add a few duck gizzard confit.
Make a small dressing with oil and balsamic vinegar.
Pour a little bit on the wheat salad. Caution: do not put vinegar on foie gras!
Enjoy it with a white wine of type Montbazillac and Sauternes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Toasts with duck confit 3.8/5 (118 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.