Easy Wholemeal Shortcrust Pastry
- 125g plain flour
- 75g Wholemeal flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100g fat(butter in a block
- Cold water(about 2tbsp)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
Cut butter into plain and wholemeal flour with knife, then rub with fingertips, until mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
Add water, very little at a time, and mix with a knife until it becomes a stiff dough.
Put onto a board and knead lightly until well combined.
Roll with a rolling pin into desired shape.
For Cheese Pastry: Use 50g of grated cheese
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.7/5 (148 Votes)
- Rye and Spelt Flatbreads 3.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Superhealthy pizza 4.1/5 (79 Votes)
- Traditional British Apple Pie 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Macaroons 4.1/5 (71 Votes)