Shortcrust Apple Pie
Home baked apple pie, a simple and easy to make desert the family will enjoy
Easy shortcrust pastry with a delicious apple filling.
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Granny Smith Apples
- Golden Delicious Apples
- Apple Cider or tangy applie juice
- Lemon juice
- 100g sugar
- 100g Buttery Spread
- 2 tablespoons flour
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Blind bake your pastry crust for 10 minutes
Core and thinly slice your apples into thin segments, pour the cider and lemon juice into a pan and stir the flour, butter and sugar in until disolved. Gently warm and add the segments to simmer for 5 minutes.
Leave to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes to absorb flavour into the segments.
Spoon the mixture evenly into the center of your pastry case and place a pastry lid onto this and bake in the oven at 170 for 45 minutes, remember to cut slits in the surface for moisture to escape.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)