Homemade Irish Stew
Traditional Irish stew - family recipe
- 1 pound of Beef Mince
- 1 pound of Steak pieces
- 1 large Onion
- 5 Fresh carrots
- 12 Potatoes
- 5 Oxo cubes
- Salt and Pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 95mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Brown/cook onions and meat in oil and water.
Slice carrots and potatoes and put in large pot of boiling water.
Add salt, pepper, any optional seasoning and oxo cubes.
Allow everything to boil cook slowly together for 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with fresh bread / crusted bread / baguettes
(Optional family addition: Brown or Soy sauce when served).
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice... 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.