Portuguese fish stew
Mediterranean with a spicy kick
- 4 white fish fillets
- 200g orzo pasta
- 1 sweet red pepper
- ½ onion
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 200ml beer
- 200ml fish or vegetable stock
- ½ tsp dried red chilli flakes
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in 1 tsp vegetable oil or spray oil until translucent.
Finely chop the red pepper and add to the onions.
Add the paprika and stir well.
Deglaze the pan with the beer and allow it to boil for a few seconds, then reduce the heat to a low simmer.
Add the tinned chopped tomatoes, stock, bay leaves, chilli flakes and fish. Cover and leave to cook for 10 minute on a medium low heat.
Add the orzo. Stir and recover to cook for another 10 minutes.
Stir well and serve straight away.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (155 Votes)
- Pulled pork 3.5/5 (147 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (144 Votes)
- Mushroom Pasta 3.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Ryan's Tomato Pasta 4.2/5 (70 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.