Nana's homemade chocolate cake
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 75g self raising flour
- 50g coco powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 table spoons of warm water
- For the filling-
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preset your oven to 180 C/ Gas mark 4 and grease two sandwich tins.
Beat the sugar and the butter (mixer or hand)
Add the eggs (one at a time) and beat.
Sift in the coco powder and flour and mix.
Add 3 table spoons of warm water and mix again.
Pour your mix into one of the sandwich tins and place In the oven for 25 minutes.
While the first mix is in the oven repeat steps 2-6 for your second mix.
When both mixes are cool and taken out of the tins, spread cream on your first mix and jam on your second.Put mix 2 on top of mix 1 and put pressure down.
When the two cakes are stuck together, you can now decorate them with melted chocolate or anything you want!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (226 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (254 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (255 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)