Strawberry heart-shaped pastries
By Rahni Sarah
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven (gas mark 7 - 220 °C).
In a rectangle of Bristol paper about 15 x 12 cm, cut out a heart-shaped template. Using this template, cut out 6 hearts in puff pastry with a sharp knife.
Lightly moisten the oven baking tray and place the hearts on it. Brush with egg yolk with a pastry brush, and then draw on crosses with a knife. Bake for about 20 minutes.
Get out the hearts from the oven. Let them cool before removing their golden "lids", (as the puffed pastry will rise during cooking) and seta aside.
Gently mix the cottage cheese with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Prepare the strawberries, wash them carefully, dry them and hull them. Set aside a few for the coulis.
To serve, place a heart base of puff pastry on each dessert plate. Garnish with the cheese mix. On top, lay a row of strawberries, then the lid. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
Prepare the sauce: mix the reserved strawberries. Add the remaining sugar.
Pour the coulis around the hearts and decorate with mint leaves.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (465 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (216 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.7/5 (148 Votes)
- Recipe: Pain au chocolat with... 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Fruit Coulis 3.2/5 (125 Votes)
- How to make the perfect strawberry... 3.1/5 (140 Votes)