Easter Hen cake with golden eggs
By Henriette Cubilier
- 180g flour
- 60g potato starch
- 200g sugar
- 180g butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 sachet baking powder
- 1 untreated orange
- 200g apricot jam
- Walnuts and roasted almonds for the rim
- White chocolate for the top of cake
- Dark chocolate for the rim
- For decoration:
- A chocolate hen
- Some chocolate eggs wrapped in golden paper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Whisk the sugar and softened butter until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until the mixture is well blended before adding the next egg. Stir in the finely grated zest and juice from the orange. And the sifted flour with cornstarch and baking powder.
Pour the batter into a cake tin, previously buttered and floured. Bake for 45-50 minutes at 200 ° C.
Remove from the cake tin and place onto a wire rack to cool. Cut in half to two thirds of its height. Slightly heat the apricot jam and spread generously onto the first disc and cover the second.
Ice the Easter cake with white chocolate on the tops and milk chocolate all around the side of the cake. Stick the walnuts and almonds onto the milk chocolate,and place a large chocolate Easter hen in the middle with little golden chocolate eggs.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (223 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (253 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (254 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Hot cross buns 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- White chocolate and apple muffins 3.3/5 (37 Votes)