Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Shortbread dough: Mix the butter and sugar, add the flour, spread the dough in a baking tray 30x23cm (use a baking tray which you don't mind if it scored when cutting the shortbread) or whatever size you have. Bake in the oven on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. BE CAREFUL, the colour must be golden. Cool completely.
Caramel: Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves, then still stirring continuously, turn the heat up and boil for 5 minutes. This is the most difficult step. When boiling, darker particles will appear, this is normal. You have to find the exact timing for the caramel, not too runny, nor too hard! The most important is to stir continuously while cooking so that it does not stick together. Pour over the cooled shortbread and let the caramel cool completely (you can place it in the fridge to harden if need be).
Chocolate: Melt 200g of plain chocolate and spread over the cold caramel. Allow to cool again, then cut into small squares without removing from the tray. You may need to use an electric knife or pizza cutter, it's pretty hard to slice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (203 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (144 Votes)
- Chocolate Delight 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Chocolate Orange Brownies 3.9/5 (73 Votes)
- Caramelised apple millefeuille... 3.4/5 (138 Votes)
- Chocolate caramel brownies with... 3.4/5 (133 Votes)