Mini Millionaire Shortbread
- For the Shortbread:
- 50g Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar
- 150g Butter (softened)
- 175g Plain Flour
- 25g Rice Flour
- For the Caramel:
- 175g Butter
- 175g Unrefined Golden Caster Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Syrup
- 397ml Condensed Milk
- For the Topping:
- 300g Dark Chocolate
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat the oven to 160/140 (fan) Degrees C.
Line a 20x23cm tin with baking paper, (making sure it overhangs slightly to remove easier when finished).
For the Shortbread Layer:
Put all the Shortbread ingredients into a mixer, whiz until a soft dough is made.
Spoon into the tin and press down lightly to form a smooth base.
Chill in fridge for 20 minutes.
Bake for 35 Mins. Leave to cool.
For the Caramel:
Place all the Caramel ingredients into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until butter has fully melted.
Bubble and stir the mixture gently for 5-8 minutes until you get a thick fudge-like mix.
Pour over the cold shortbread in an even layer.
Leave to cool.
Once the caramel has cooled, melt the chocolate in a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
Spread evenly over the caramel and allow to set.
When ready to serve, remove from tin using the paper to help and cut into 24 squares.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (165 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (142 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Kissing Pie 3.7/5 (119 Votes)
- Chocolate Delight 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake with Meringue topping 3.4/5 (131 Votes)