Pistachio, raspberry and white chocolate cake
By Myriam , blog Chez Pupuce
- Ingredients for the sponge:
- 3 eggs
- 50g cornflour
- 30g flour
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp pistachio paste
- Ingredients for the white chocolate mousse:
- 200g white chocolate
- 3 egg whites
- 300 ml of whole single cream
- 187g of milk
- 30g sugar
- 3g agar agar (a rounded teaspoon)
- Ingredients for raspberry jelly:
- About 200 ml of raspberry sauce (bought or homemade)
- 1/4 teaspoon of agar agar
- Whole unsalted pistachios
- 200g unsalted blanched pistachios
- 250g raspberries
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the yolks with sugar and add the pistachio paste. Mix. Sift flour and cornstarch into the yolks / sugar mixture. Mix.
Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat until stiff. Gently stir in the previous preparation. Pour the cake in a tin, previously greased. Bake in a hot oven for 10 min (220 °).
Coarsely crumble the whole pistachios and sprinkle them over the cake.
The white chocolate mousse:
In a saucepan, dilute the agar in cold milk. Add the sugar and chopped chocolate. Put on medium heat so the chocolate melts and boil for 1 minute. Meanwhile heat the cream without boiling. Mix in the previous preparation. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold in chocolate mixture. Pour over the cake half of the chocolate mousse.
Place on top 125g of raspberries and pour the remaining white chocolate mousse. Leave for 30 min at room temperature and refrigerate several hours.
The raspberry jelly:
Mix the agar agar in the raspberry coulis, bring to a boil for 1min. Pour onto the white chocolate mousse and leave to set.
Decorate with blanched pistachios and raspberries once the chocolate mousse has set.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Mouhalabieh 3.6/5 (176 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding And... 3.2/5 (117 Votes)
- Pisttachio-crusted rack of lamb... 3.3/5 (133 Votes)
- Nutty chocolates coated in salted... 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Deep Fried Ice Cream Parcels with... 3.3/5 (96 Votes)
- Stuffed conchiglionis pasta shells... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Raspberry cake 3.6/5 (78 Votes)