Vanilla Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 25g Butter
- 75g Sugar
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 225 ml milk (semi-skimmed or whole)
- 1teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 20gm Cashew
- 20gm Almond
- 20gm Raisin
- For Frosting
- 50g butter
- at room temperature
- 150-200g (1 cups) pure icing sugar
- 30ml (1/5 cup) milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C/ gas mark 4.
For the cake: Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter and milk and mix well.
Divide the mixture between 6 muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes at 200°C until golden brown.
Remove and leave to cool on a wire rack
In a large bowl, get the butter for frosting, beat it until fluffy, then add the icing sugar and milk to make it smooth and well combined.
When the cakes are cooled, apply frosting on them and finally put the chocolate chips and flakes for decoration.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Molten chocolate Cupcakes 3.9/5 (108 Votes)
- Low Fat Cranberry & Walnut Muffins 4.2/5 (79 Votes)
- Double chocolate chip frappe 3.3/5 (146 Votes)
- White chocolate and apple muffins 3.2/5 (39 Votes)