WHITE CHOCOLATE & VANILLA MOUSSE
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 7 ounces (good quality
- ) white chocolate
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon either vanilla bean paste
- a whole vanilla bean or pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- powdered sugar for dusting
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Transfer the nuts to a food processor and pulse until they are finely chopped.
Placing the bowl over a double boiler, bringing the water to a simmer and then turning the heat off and letting the chocolate melt until smooth.
Using the whisk attachment on the electric mixer, lightly whip the remaining cream with the vanilla until very lightly peaking, then stir in the yogurt. Transfer mixture to another clean bowl.
Clean out your mixer bowl very well and then dry. Beat the egg whites until just peaking.
Fold the cream mixture into the melted chocolate, then gently fold in the egg whites. Spoon half the mousse mixture into 6 small glass dishes or cups
Then sprinkle a layer of nuts, reserving some nuts to decorate the tops of the mousse. Add the remaining mousse and sprinkle with the reserved nuts.
Chill for at least 2 hours and dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (469 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (242 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (266 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake 3.1/5 (205 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Redcurrant mousse with red fruit... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- White Chocolate Shell Vanilla... 3.3/5 (131 Votes)