Made with oatmeal pastry
- Oatmeal pastry -
- 150g self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 50-75g cooking fat
- 50g rolled oats
- Egg custard -
- 1/2 pint milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried eggs
- 2 tsp sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Oatmeal pastry - Sift flour and salt into a bowl and rub in the cooking fat.
Add the rolled oats and mix with enough water to bring the mixture into a dough.
Roll out of a floured side, cut to size and place on a baking tray/ bun tin.
Prick the base of each tart with a fork to stop it from rising. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at gas mark 6.
Egg custard - reconstitute the eggs by adding 1 1/2 tbsp of dried egg with 3tbsp of water. Mix until smooth.
Heat the milk in a saucepan and pour over the reconstituted eggs. Then return everything to the pan again.
Cook slowly until the mixture has thickened. Add sugar. Leave to cool.
When everything has cooled, divide the custard between the tarts, sprinkle with sugar and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Instant Custard 4.7/5 (130 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (220 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.4/5 (161 Votes)
- Moist chocolate walnut cakes with... 3.4/5 (145 Votes)