Mum's Turkey Pies
Moist and delicioud turkey pieces in flaky pastry. 1 with each pastry keeps the whole family happy!
- Turkey Breast (thigh preferred as cheaper)
- Seasonings (whatever you wish or have on hand)
- Tin of Tomatoes
- 1 pack shortcrust ready made pastry
- 1 pack puff ready made pastry
- Flour to roll
- Onion (optional)
- Veg (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
The night before, season your turkey with at least salt pepper and your favourite. Caribbean all purpose seasoning is great for this. Leave in the fridge to marinate.
When ready to cook, heat up some oil in a Wok. Add crushed garlic and onion sliced or diced if you want. When the turkey is cooked, add the tin of tomatoes and season to taste if more is needed. Cook down for some mintes until your desired consistency is achieved. Add veg at this time if you want.
When the tomatoes are cooked through, take off the ehat and leave to cool. In the meantime, Flour a surface to roll our the pastry, One at a time roll our until thin. Cut them both in half.
Lne 2 tins with half of each pasty. Fill around halfway with the turkey. Place the other half on top, pressing down so it seals
Cook in apreheated oven for 35 minutes or until done (mum's always know when!)
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (158 Votes)
- Saint marcellin cheese and ham... 3.7/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.