Easy Quick Crispy Skin Baked Potatoes
Get Perfect baked potatoes fluffy warm, with the baked flavour and a crispy but not burnt skin suitable for eating and full of flavour
- 4 large potatoes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Boil your potatoes in a pot until they soften and you can stick a knife easily into the center, remove and strain
Once dried coat the potatoes heavily in salt to dry the skin and aid the crisping process while baking, drizzle the surface lightly with oil before placing in a preheated oven to bake for 25 minutes at 200
Once the surface has been crisped to perfection and your potatoes have baked cut into the potato and generousely scoop buttery spread and fluff this into the center of the potatoes.
Serve with a side salad and your choice of toppings from baked beans to something more adventurous like vegetarian chilli.
For a longer baking turn the oven down to 150 and flip the potatoes giving another drizzle of oil to prevent burning if you wish to add more of the baked flavour into the dish.
Consider putting slits in the skin and baking on every side to evenly crisp the skin.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (223 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Corned Beef Surprise 4.4/5 (68 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.