Marble cake with chestnuts and cocoa
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 190 ° C. Prepare the cake tin with greaseproof paper, or butter. Prepare two large bowls.
In a large bowl, mix thoroughly the butter with the sugar until you get a creamy "mousse".
Add the eggs one at a time mixing well between the two.
Mix both flours with the yeast and bicarbonate of soda. Add this flour, gradually, to the creamy mousse, alternating with milk. (A little flour, mix, add a little milk, mix, flour, mix, milk, etc.).
Divide the dough into two bowls.
In the first, add the cocoa prediluted in 2 tablespoons of milk.
In the second bowl, grate 1/3 of a Tonka bean (not too much, because it may be small, but it sure is strong!).
Pour the two batters into the cake tin, either a tablespoon at a time of each, or in layers.
Sprinkle with sugar and bake in the hot oven for approx. 45 minutes at 180°C-190°C.
Leave to cool and unmould. You can sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Yoghurt cake with a zest of lemon 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Loaf cake with feta cheese and... 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Nanny's Bara Brith 3/5 (119 Votes)
- Squidgy chocolate praline muffins 3.4/5 (94 Votes)
- Trio of chocolate cakes with... 3.8/5 (37 Votes)